Get Service Tax Registration Online
Service Tax Registration Service Tax is an indirect tax which is regulated and managed by Central Government of India. It is levied on value of taxable services provided by service provider and in some cases by service receiver receiving the services.
- Mandatorily required if Turnover or Gross Receipt Rs 9 lakh
- Required by every service provider
- Mandatorily required by service receiver in case of reverse charge mechanism
- Non registration will lead to penalty and interest.
Inclusions in this package
Service Tax Registration certificate in Form ST2
Format of service tax invoices to be raised
Guidelines about books to be maintained and due dates of compliance
Time Involved in the Process
- Approx. 5-6 working days
Documents Required for Service Tax
- Copy of PAN card of Proprietor or Partnership firm or LLP or Pvt Ltd Company
- Copy of PAN card of Partners or Directors
- Copy of Address proof of all proprietor or partners or directors (Any one of Passport or Voter id or Aadhar card)
- Proof of Business premises where company will be registered. (It can be from home also)
- In case of rented premises- Copy of rent agreement + Latest electricity bill in name of landlord + NOC.
- In case of owned premises- Copy of sale deed + Latest electricity bill in name of owner + NOC.
- 2 Colored passport size photograph of all Directors. Partners, proprietors
- Cancelled cheque of any bank account (savings or current)
- Last 6 months bank statement of bank if available
- Mobile no., email ids of all Directors/Partners/Proprietors
- Name of Company and types of services provided.
What is Service Tax?
- Service Tax is an indirect tax which is regulated and managed by Central Government of India. It is levied on value of taxable services provided by service provider and in some cases by service receiver receiving the services.
- Though service tax is deposited by Service Provider to the government but the ultimate burden of it is bear by service recipient as service tax is charged from him along with service fee by the service provider. Hence, Service Tax is Indirect in nature and being called an Indirect Tax.business in goods. A dealer can opt for it voluntarily, however if the gross revenue exceeds Rs.20 lakh any time during the financial year or dealer starts interstate trading than registration becomes mandatory. Noncompliance will lead to penalty.
- Any service provider whose total fiscal turnover in the preceding year exceeds Rs.9 lakh is liable to charge service tax and get it registered. However, service tax would have to be charged in current year if gross turnover exceed Rs. 10 lakh in current year.
- Service Tax is charged on the total service value which is charged from the service recipient and currently it is charged @ 15%.
- It’s a certificate which bears the proof of registration of entity with service tax department
- Total time involved would be 5-7 working days from date of uploading of all documents and physical handover of docs to department. If case registration certificate (ST-2) is not issued within 7 days of registration (filing of ST-I), it will be deemed to be granted.
- Failure of Service Tax Registration may attract penalty of Rs.10, 000/-
- As DVAT, service tax couldn’t be paid through offline mode. It has to be paid tax online through online mode only i.e through net banking with any authorized bank.
- In general, Service Tax has to be deposited by service provider, however in case of Reverse Charge, service tax is deposited by Service Recipient as per the Service Tax Rules.
- Service Tax return is filed twice in a Financial Year in form ST-3. For first Half (i.e.1st April to 30thSeptember) it has to be filled on or before 25th of October and for next half (i.e. 1st October to 31stMarch) it has to be filled till 25th of April. Failure to file return leads to per day interest and penalty.
Give Review for our Service
[RICH_REVIEWS_SHOW category=”page” id=”12″ num=”5″]