Get Assistance In Registration With Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO)
- All foreigners (including foreigners of Indian origin) visiting India on long term (more than 180 days) Student Visa, Medical Visa, Research Visa and Employment Visa are required to get themselves registered with the FRRO/ Foreigners Registration Officer (FRO) concerned having jurisdiction over the place where the foreigner intends to stay, within 14 days of arrival.
- However, there are separate reporting requirements for Pakistani and Afghan nationals.
- If the intention of the foreigner is to stay in India for more than 180 days, he/she should get himself/ herself registered well before the expiry of 180 days from the date of arrival with the FRRO/FRO concerned.
- Foreigners (including minors above 16 years of age) have to report in person or through an authorized representative to the appropriate Registration Officer for registration. No registration is required in respect of children below the age of 16 years.
- Registration is also required in the case of visa less than 180 days and if there is special endorsement “for registration required”. However foreigners entering on Entry(X) and Business visas valid for more than 180 days are required to register with the FRRO, FRO if they continuously intend to stay for more than 6 months i.e. more than 180 days on each visit. (But exempting visa bearing endorsement as “Stay not to exceed 180 days hence no registration required.”
Time Involved in the Process
- 5-6 working days. Also, depends upon appointment date and submission of all documents, etc
PROCEDURE of FRRO Registration
Instructions for online filing of Registration by the Foreigners
A foreigner can apply online from the website http://indianvisaonline.gov.in/frro/ for availing of visa services in the office of FRRO, Delhi. The following process shall be followed:
- Select online registration option from the main menu.
- Fill the online registration form and schedule his/ her appointment in the FRRO before his/ her visit.
- On submission of application form, a unique Registration number is generated by the system.
- The applicant is advised to keep the Registration number as the same number can be further used for any further modifications in the details submitted online and during his/her visit at the FRRO.
- Once the appointment is scheduled successfully, a Pdf. The system shall generate a file (filled application). The applicant is required to take the printout of the application and the requisite supporting documents for an interview at the registration office.
Procedure for Online Application for registration of the Foreigner
Applicants are requested to go through the regulations and instructions mentioned above to ascertain their eligibility and procedures involved in the process.
- Applicants who are required to register at FRRO shall have to fill their application online using the web-based online application submission system. Applicants, who have not filed online applications previously before coming to FRRO, shall be allowed to fill the online application form at the FRRO. The officials present at the FRRO shall facilitate and assist either to fill at the convenience of the applicant or support them at the FRRO. Applicants who have not taken prior appointment shall also be allowed to register at the FRRO.
- Applicants may access the facility of online registration at the FRRO from the abovementioned website. The applicant has to select the option of online registration from the main menu. As soon as the applicant clicks the option of Online Registration, the application form shall be displayed automatically wherein the applicant shall fill the details like • Personal Details • Nationality (both present and previous) • Persons accompanying the applicant • Contact address and number in India • Passport and visa details, etc. • Contact person in case of any emergency.
- After filling the online form completely, the applicant shall submit the application form and move to the next page from the option given in the form for scheduling the appointment at the concerned FRRO.
- As soon as the application form is filled and the applicant expects the appointment, a unique application Id is generated which can be used by the applicant during his visit to the concerned FRRO on the due date. The system will create a Pdf. File of application form after the submission of a form to the FRRO. Applicants are requested to take the print of the pdf file.
- On the date of appointment, an applicant shall meet the officials along with copies of documents.
Documents Required for FRRO Registration
- Original valid passport and Visa along with 4 passport size colour photographs (4 cm x 4cm with a white background, ears distinctly visible without spectacles and cap).
- Registration form
- 3 photocopies of the relevant pages of passport (photo page, a page indicating validity, page bearing arrival stamp of Indian Immigration.
- Undertaking letter (3 copies signed by Indian Host/ sponsor/ Guarantor along with any one valid identity document like passport, election identification card, official identity card, PAN card, etc.).
- Proof of Residence (3 copies of either electricity bill/Telephone bill/ Municipal bill/ certificate of municipal authority/Leave & Licence Agreement or any other valid proof of residence). Submission of a letter of the hotel or receipt of payment is sufficient in the case of registration on a Tourist visa.
- Registration fee– Rs. 100/-.
- In the case of registration on an Employment visa, three copies of the terms and conditions of the contract of assignment, including salary, designation, a tenure of employment, etc.
- In the case of registration on Employment or Business Visa, three copies of PAN card or application made for grant of PAN card.
- In the case of registration on Employment or Business Visa, forwarding letter of concerned company/ Firm /Business undertaking, duly signed by the authorized signatory mentioning name, designation & telephone and mobile number.
- In the case of registration of student visa three copies of Bonafide Certificate from School, College or Academic Institute for the academic year mentioning relevant particulars including the validity of admission and nationality of the foreign student.
- In the case of registration on a medical visa, letter from the concerned hospital (must be reputed and recognized hospital) where treatment is being taken along with supportive medical documentary/diagnostic test reports with a medical certificate about the probationary period of treatment.
- In the case of registration of the medical visa, if the applicant is admitted to the hospital, medical certificate bearing photo of the applicant attested and certified by the doctor.
- Extension of Visas: Extensions are granted on different categories of visas as per requirements on the case-to-case basis. The foreigner seeking extension must ensure that he/she submits an application and the required supporting documents for an extension well before the date of expiry of visa. The conditions and supporting documents necessary for the extension of visa under each category are as mentioned below:
In addition to above, certain Supporting documents are also obliged depending upon different type of visas like employment visa, business visa, student visa, etc